Welcome to Family Ministry at Highline Community Church!
Jesus said, “’Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul. Love him with all your mind.’ This is the first and most important commandment. And the second is like it. ‘Love your neighbor as you love yourself.’ Everything that is written in the Law and the Prophets is based on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:37-40.
Your child’s spiritual journey is as unique and vital as your own. Our goal is to support parents and children in their quest to become avid followers of Christ. It is an honor to serve alongside you as you seek to raise them to be their best spiritually, physically, intellectually and emotionally.
We offer classes and activities for children ages birth through 5th Grade, concurrent with the worship services. Our ministry is dedicated to enhancing the entire family’s faith walk through solid Biblical teaching, in an interactive, relational, fun and safe environment. Participation in service opportunities is highly encouraged, which is a great way to put faith into action. Participating as a family brings a wonderful element of compassion, sharing and growing together.
Sunday Morning Schedule For Children Birth Through 5th Grade
Families gain so much by worshipping together, and little ones are well fostered and begin a healthy relationship with Christ by what their parents model for them. We suggest you check your child in prior to the start of the service and then proceed as a family to the Sanctuary to enjoy this time together. We’ll worship together for 2 songs before kids ( birth through 5th Grade) are released to join their Sunday School classes. Our worship team will visibly and audibly note the time for dismissed. Parents of children 5 years and younger, please escort your children to their classrooms, located on the west side of the building, through the Lobby, where their leaders will be ready to greet them.
Check-In, Drop-off, Pick-up and Paging
Our hospitality and check-in desk and our classes are located on the West side of the main level of the church. Check-in begins at 10:15 a.m., which is 15 minutes prior to the start of the worship service. If you’re a first time visitor, we’ll gather some basic information, including your child’s name, age and allergies. We’ll also ask for your mobile phone number in case we need to contact you during the service. We ask you to keep your mobile phone on a vibrate setting so as not to disturb others.
At check-in, your child will receive a printed name tag, along with a claim ticket. Please keep the claim ticket with you and be sure to show it to your child’s teacher upon pick-up. This system allows for us to verify and ensure that we safely release your child to you at the end of their class time. If you are leaving items, such as a diaper bag, please be sure all items are clearly marked with your child’s first and last name.
Wellness and Safety
- We want your child to have a quality, safe and healthy experience. Our Wellness policy is posted at the check-in kiosk and outside each classroom door. Please take a moment to read it through here or as you arrive at your child’s class.
- We utilize KidCheck for check in and check out. When you come for the first time, you will create a secure online account that will allow us to text your cell phone in the event of an emergency. If you would like to set up your account prior to Sunday, please go to Kid Check
- Volunteers are pre-screened and have completed a background check in order to serve in our Family Ministry area. Adults and teens not associated with Family Ministry are permitted in the classroom ONLY with the Director or Coordinator’s knowledge and permission.
Dedication and Baptism
- Dedication is a commitment made by parents who want to publicly honor God by acknowledging that their infant or young child is a gift from him. It’s also an affirmation, together with our church family, to raise our children by God’s loving Biblical principles, with the prayerful hope and example that their children will one day choose to be baptized as believers.
- Baptism is a joyous event. We believe it should be celebrated with a knowing love for Christ and a believer’s heart. Highline Community Church offers immersion baptism throughout the year for adults, students and older children who have committed their lives to Jesus.
- VBS, Camp Timberline and Family VBS are 1 – 3 day camps we offer in the summer. Ask our team for dates and details.
- Ground Floor is an interactive basics of Christianity class which explores many topics including salvation, Bible study, baptism, communion and apologetics. Typically offered in the spring, the experience is for children ages 9 – 12 and their parents.
There are few things more satisfying than illuminating the path of children and students as they learn to know and love the Lord! Our volunteers set the tone for kids to express and explore their hearts for God as they strive to learn, discern and apply Biblical values in their lives. Prep time is minimal and all curriculum is supplied. Frequency is based on volunteer availability. Come use your gifts and make an eternal difference in the life of a child.
Have Questions or Ready to Join the Fun?
Contact Lori Rase, Family Life Director, su.cc1508659538enilh1508659538gih@e1508659538sarl1508659538 or (720) 301-0461
Don’t Miss It | Sundays | 9:00 am
Family breakfast and Small Group study for parents with a separate children’s program. Register by clicking here
Questions? Contact Lori at (720) 301-0461 or gro.c1508659538cenil1508659538hgih@1508659538esarl1508659538
KidBlast! | Wednesdays | 6:30 – 8:15 pm
KidBlast is a Wednesday evening program for children 5 through 11 years old, including Bible study, scripture memorization, worship and prizes! A younger children’s program is also available for ages 6 months to 4 years. Cost is $25 per semester, including materials. Register by clicking here. Questions? Contact Lori at (720) 301-0461 or gro.c1508659538cenil1508659538hgih@1508659538esarl1508659538
Kid’s Journey | Sundays | 10:40 am
We worship as a family with praise singing each Sunday morning, before the children, birth through 5th grade, are released for a time of learning and fellowship in a fun and safe environment. The Children’s area is located on the west side of the building and all children are encouraged to attend. The following is What We’re Learning in October :
Pre-School thru Kindergarten will discover God gives us courage to do the right thing, as they learn about Joseph, Joshua, Caleb, Esther, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego. Our memory verse, from Deuteronomy 31:6 is “Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid.” Elementary age kids will experience an age appropriate version of Route 66, as we finish with the Old Testament Prophets and prepare to step into the gospels. Through object lessons, verse memorization, Bible drills and a variety of activities our kids come to know and cherish their value and purpose in Christ. Ask them to share what they learned this week!